Toe Clinic Home
Medical / Orthopedic Massage “UnGrumps” Grumpy muscles for relief from:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Headache
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Hip Pain
- Frozen Hip
- Low Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Pain or Tingling in Leg
- Plantar Fasciitis
- “Grumpy” Muscles
Join pain is frequently diagnosed as “Tendonitis”. “Itis” means inflammation. By definition, Inflammation means Pain accompanied by Redness, Heat, Swelling, and Loss of Function. Do you have Redness, Swelling, and Heat at the site of your pain? Lack of actual inflammation may be the reason your anti-inflammatory is not providing relief. You may actually have Tendinosus instead of Tendinitis. Tendinosus means damage to the tendon, without inflammation. Two primary causes of joint pain; Both of which are are easily remedied by a body worker educated in advanced orthopedic body work.
1. Hypertensive muscles pulling on the tendon attaching the muscle at its “insertion” point just below the joint. The 24/7 “tension” literally causes the bone to ache.
2. Adhesion’s inside the joint capsule, (joint capsulitis).
Most myofascial (muscle and fascia) pain has 5 primary causes:
1. Overuse, (a carpenter banging nails all day).
2. Constant over tension (like a guitar string tuned several notes too high). For example, the “tender spot” halfway between your sternum and shoulder, just below the collar bone. Almost everyone has hypertensive pectoralis minor muscles. That near “universal” tender spot is a typical hypertensive muscle symptom.
3. Weak, stretched long, inhibited muscles. The typical “grumpy”, “I hold my tension in my neck and shoulders” symptom. Weak, inhibited muscles frequently hold traditional “trigger points” researched and documented by Dr. Janet Travell back in the 60′s and 70′s. Many of the nations’ top therapists and bodywork educators, who used to do “Trigger Point” work no longer do so. Research and experience have shown that when “stretched long” muscles are brought back to their “normal resting length” trigger points have disappeared!
4. Adhesion’s; muscles and / or fascia “sticking together”, not allowing layers to slide across each other.
5. Muscle “strains” (scar tissue) from either injury or overuse. Class 1 or 2 strains are easily and quickly (almost miraculously) healed in just a few minutes using a muscle strain protocol as taught by James Waslaski
In almost all cases, effective, advanced “orthopedic bodywork” eliminates or significantly reduces symptoms in a single, pain free treatment. I AM SO CONFIDENT OF RESULTS, THAT IF YOU DECIDE, AT END OF SESSION, THAT THERE IS NOT SIGNIFICANT SYMPTOM IMPROVEMENT, I WILL NOT CHARGE FOR THE SESSION.
You are responsible for your healing. You are not a Volkswagen, and I am not a car mechanic; I cannot “fix” you. I can help bring your body back into balance, and create an internal healing environment. For lasting results, and pain free full range of motion (ROM) you need to spend a few minutes each day doing stretches and exercises created by expert Kinesiologists and personal trainers that I will suggest.